San Jose, California
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- Corporate tax
- Strategic Federal Tax
David has a broad skill set that includes strategic federal tax , corporate tax, passthrough tax and indiviudal tax. David has worked across many industries and has managed small to very large projects.
David has 19 years of experience in taxation with an emphasis in corporate income tax compliance, income tax provision (ASC 740) and Strategic Federal Tax Services, which include R&D Tax Credit, UNICAP (Inventory Capitalization), Cost Segregation/Fixed Asset Solutions, and comprehensive Credit, Methods and Periods palnning. He has reviewed and managed the preparation of federal and state tax returns and income tax provisions for a broad range of business entities, which cover various industries, including corporations, partnerships and individuals. He has significant experience in consulting on tax issues related to accounting for income taxes and uncertain tax positions (ASC 740). He is also heavily involved in both the GAAP and tax impacts of ASC 606 and 842.
David has served clients through tax planning and compliance for companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, technology, retail, food and beverage, real estate, alternative energy and professional services.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- David is a Certified Public Accountant in both California and Utah, and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Presentations and publications
- Westminster Annual Tax Practitioners Institute 2012-2015 – R&D Credits, Tangible Property Regulations and Income Tax Legislation
- AICPA Tax Advisor – February 2016 – “New Retail and Restaurant Remodel/Refresh Safe Harbor for Determining Repairs”
- Industry Weekly – April 2017 – “Manufacturers Still Leaving R&D Credits on the Table”
- TEI Regions 9 and 10 Conference – May 2019 – Tax Accounting for ASC 842 and ASC 606
- Phoenix TEI Meeting – November 2022 – Various Methods and Period Planning Items
- TEI Region 9 Conference – May 2023 – Federal Tax Update, Corporate Alternatiave Minimum Tax (“CAMT”), IRC 174 Corollary Impacts and Stock Buy-Back Excise Tax
- David currently serves as a youth leader in his church. David previously served as Secretary on the Board of the Salt Lake Valley Habitat for Humanity, and the Utah Valley University Accounting Board.
- David received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Master of Accounting degree from Brigham Young University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.