San Jose, California
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- State and local tax
Dana Lance is the Tax Practice Leader for the Greater Bay Area and the SALT Practice Leader for the West Region. Dana is based in San Jose, California.
Dana has in-depth experience in providing a wide range of tax advisory services to businesses operating in a number of industries, but focuses primarily on technology, media and entertainment. Danaâ€™s practice concentrations include: state tax minimization services including assisting taxpayers with the development and design of effective state tax planning; state due diligence reviews and M%26A transaction analysis and consulting; nexus reviews; voluntary disclosure agreement negotiations to minimize state tax exposures; accounting for income taxes and uncertain tax positions for both federal and state taxes; and compliance outsourcing and reviews.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- FICPA State Tax Committee
Presentations and publications
- Dana is a frequent presenter at various industry and professional conferences. Recent presentations include: Multistate Tax Update (2014) FICPA Annual Road Show, Fort Lauderdale, FL; State Taxation of Partnerships and Pass Through Entities (2015) FICPA MEGA Conference, Orlando, FL; State Tax Update (2013 & 2014) Grant Thornton’s Annual Alumni & Friends Event, South Florida; Quarterly ASC 740 Update (Q3, 2015) External Grant Thornton Webcast.
- Master of Taxation degree, Florida Atlantic University
- BS in Accounting, Barry University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.