San Diego, California
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Tax reporting and advisory
Adam L. Steinmetz
Adam is a West Region Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services team member. Throughout his 11-year career in public accounting, which includes two years at Grant Thornton’s Washington National Tax Office, Adam has consulted on a wide variety of corporate tax matters. Adam specializes in corporate consulting, audit support over ASC 740, federal income tax provisions, mergers and acquisitions support, and tax structuring. Adam has worked with a variety of enterprises including closely held businesses, emerging growth companies, pre-IPO companies, complex private companies, and large public companies.
In addition to the specialties noted above, Adam has extensive experience in the following technical areas: stock basis, earnings and profits, IRC section 382 analyses, corporate debt financings, captive insurance, and consolidated return issues.
Adam’s industry focus includes life sciences and financial services. In addition, he has served clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, real estate, hospitality, and technology.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA - California
- AICPA – Member
- CALCPA – Member
- Adam is the Co-Chair of the Associates Boards of Second Harvest Food Bank Orange County.
Presentations and publications
- Personal Goodwill, Purchase Agreements, and Covenants Not to Compete – Tax Adviser
- Final “Hot Stock” Regs. and Dunn Trust – Tax Adviser
- License vs. Royalty: The Constant Question for Pharmaceuticals – Tax Adviser
- Adam earned his Bachelor of Science in Business degree, with a concentration in Accounting, from California Polytechnic University – San Luis Obispo and his Master of Science in Taxation degree from California State University - Fullerton.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.