Alan J. Herrmann
As a leader in Grant Thornton’s Business Advisory Services practice Tony Hernandez has been providing strategic business and IT services for over 23 years. In addition to a primary focus on business intelligence, data analytics and reporting, Hernandez has provided advisory services related to enterprise systems, IT operations, strategy and cybersecurity.
Orange County, California
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Private equity
- Strategic federal tax
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring and turnaround
- Tax reporting and advisory
Alan J. Herrmann is a tax partner and the West Region Tax Practice leader for Grant Thornton. He has significant experience in the taxation, planning and structuring of consolidated corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and S corporations. He works with clients to provide tax planning and consulting advice and services on issues including ASC 740, reorganizations, MAs, and accounting methods. Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2002, Herrmann was a manager with Arthur Andersen's Orange County tax practice.
Herrmann has extensive experience in many industries, including retail, technology, manufacturing and distribution, e-business, aerospace and defense, and real estate. He is actively involved with Grant Thornton's Washington National Tax Office, which focuses on technical excellence.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — California
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Junior Achievement of Orange County, Executive Board Member
- BS, Accounting, Pepperdine University