Los Angeles, CA
Max is a Partner in Grant Thornton’s southern California Advisory practice with over 13 years of professional management consulting experience focused on IPO readiness, internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, business process transformation, IT audit, and regulatory compliance.
Rooted in the fundamentals of financial accounting, Max’s experience covers the full range of activities associate with the implementation of an internal audit program and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. His expertise is focused on pre-IPO and year-1 public companies, where initial creation of process documentation and resolution of control maters are critical. He provides program leadership and oversight of SOX compliance services covering all phases of work from design evaluation walkthroughs to year-end issuance and certification – all conforming with the latest PCAOB requirements and preferences of the external audit firm.
As a specialist focusing on first-year adoptions and SOX implementation, Max leads engagements with a consultative mindset helping organizations navigate through what is often the most challenging year. Through leading training sessions and one-on-one education and direct assistance, Max supports control owners as they begin to adopt a new way of working.
Utilizing the same consultative approach, Max helps public companies clear existing Material Weaknesses by advising on the deployment and enhancement of internal controls.
Max has broad experience with many popular business and enterprise applications, including Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP, SQL, Windows Active Directory, and SAAS platforms. He assists organizations in identifying, enhancing, and testing internal controls over enterprise applications. Max’s experience in IT also includes performing IT control testing for Grant Thornton’s external audit clients, including private companies and SEC registrants.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Co-Author of “Where SPAC meets SOX”, Grant Thornton Publication, 5/2021
- Training Facilitator “IA Transformation”; IIA Los Angeles, 10/2018
- Training Facilitator “Leveraging Data Analytics for Internal Audit Outcomes”, IIA Los Angeles, 9/2016
- MBA, Entrepreneurial Business & Finance, University of Nevada Las Vegas
- BA, Economics, University of California Irvine
- Certificate in Accounting, University of California Los Angeles
- CPA, California
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (Los Angeles Chapter)
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.