Professional services firm also named a 2022 “Best Company for Dads”
CHICAGO — Grant Thornton LLP, one of America’s largest audit, tax and advisory firms, is one of Seramount’s 2022 100 Best Companies for the 17th year in a row. Additionally, the firm earned a “Best Company for Dads” distinction for the fourth year in a row.
The 100 Best Companies list, representing almost four million employees in the United States, recognizes companies for how well they support employees and their families. Specifically, Seramount honors organizations who go beyond traditional parental leave with inclusive benefits such as paid gender-neutral parental leave, backup childcare, mental health resources and more.
Mike Monahan, Grant Thornton’s national managing principal of People & Community, is honored by the firm’s continued recognition from Seramount — recognition he says is a direct reflection of the hard work of the firm’s People & Community team of professionals.
“At Grant Thornton, we’re constantly asking ourselves how we can continue to meet our people where they’re at with benefits that truly match their needs,” said Monahan. “There is no one-size-fits-all approach to employee care, so it’s incumbent upon us to engage and listen to our people at each and every stage of their career journey. I’m endlessly inspired by my team’s commitment to doing exactly that, and I’m grateful for their innovative approach to benefits and culture.”
Grant Thornton maintains what it calls a compassionate and comprehensive approach to creating a post-pandemic workplace. The firm absorbed employee premium increases associated with its medical health plans for 2022, and it gave its professionals more time off through extended holiday weekends and half-day Fridays in the summer.
Additionally, Grant Thornton offers a range of benefits that helped the firm secure its spot among the 2022 100 Best Companies and Best Companies for Dads lists.
The firm’s ongoing parent-friendly initiatives include:
- Grant Thornton provides paid gender-neutral parental leave, telecommuting, and flexible work arrangements, including reduced work schedules, compressed work weeks and flexible days. The firm also offers flexible time off, an industry-leading benefit enhancement that allows employees to take time off as needed to meet their individual needs instead of a predetermined set of paid time off (PTO) days.
- Grant Thornton offers a voluntary “Mentor Parents” program to help guide new parents through their transition back to work from parental leave.
- Grant Thornton covers the cost of breast milk shipping when employees are traveling for work.
- Grant Thornton offers 30 days of subsidized backup childcare. The firm also provided an additional 15 days to help working parents balance work and childcare obligations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Every Grant Thornton colleague has free access to Care@Work’s premium membership through Care.com, which provides Grant Thornton professionals with access to a network of caregivers and other services — including childcare, eldercare, pet care, housekeeping and other resources to support quality of life.
- Grant Thornton offers a Working Parents & Allies business resource group, which focuses on aligning parenting values to workplace expectations, including best practices for successful work-life integration.
- In June 2021, Grant Thornton announced a flexible approach to office work, allowing the firm’s professionals to have the option to handle meetings or day-to-day tasks remotely.
Subha V. Barry, president of Seramount, says this year’s “Best Companies” honorees have, “upped their game.”
“These companies continue to set the bar high when it comes to building family-friendly, inclusive workplaces,” he added.
To learn more about Grant Thornton and its people-first culture, visit www.grantthornton.com/careers.
About the Methodology
About Grant Thornton LLP