Doreen L. Griffith
Tax Partner; Office Managing Partner
Doreen Griffith is Grant Thornton LLP’s Dallas office managing partner.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Hospitality and restaurants
- Private equity
- Corporate tax
Doreen Griffith is Grant Thornton LLP’s Dallas office managing partner. In this role, Griffith uses her extensive business acumen to drive the firm’s strategic objectives and growth initiatives in the Dallas market. In addition, she currently serves on Grant Thornton’s Partnership Board, which helps govern the partnership and the firm’s direction.
Griffith, who boasts more than 30 years of experience in the tax industry, including more than 17 years at Grant Thornton, previously served as the Growth leader on Grant Thornton’s Tax leadership team. In that role, she set the growth direction of the tax practice, worked collaboratively with clients and Grant Thornton teams, and helped bring new service offerings to the market. Prior to that, Griffith served as Grant Thornton’s California managing partner. She has also held a range of other leadership roles, including national managing partner of Tax Services and West region Tax practice leader, as well as office managing partner in Honolulu.
Griffith has extensive experience managing cross-service line teams in multiple geographies, and she has in-depth knowledge of best practices within structuring, compliance and federal tax consulting. Her experience also spans multiple industries, including technology, food and beverage, real estate, hospitality, gaming and financial services.
She is also the recipient of multiple leadership honors, including being named one of the Bay Area’s Most Influential Women by the San Francisco Business Times and, most recently, being named one of the Most Inspiring Leaders by the Dallas Business Journal.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Griffith is a member of several organizations, including the American Heart Association Dallas Board, Dallas Regional Chamber Board, the Louisiana Tech University College of Business Advisory Board and the BYU School of Accounting Advisory Board.
- She is the Former Chairman of the Hawaii State Board of Public Accountancy and is a member of the Texas State Society of CPAs and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Griffith received her bachelor's degree in Accounting, summa cum laude, at Louisiana Tech University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.