Our media and advertising contract compliance services offerings are the result of a combination of individuals having practical and extensive media and advertising experience with processes and tools developed over years of performing contract compliance audits. We recognize that each engagement is unique and specific to the underlying contract terms you negotiated with your agencies. We do not presume to know everything about your relationship before we begin our work. We’ll treat your relationship with the respect it deserves to enable you to move quickly forward in a manner that considers your best interests. Using our proven methodology and experience, we will customize a program that fits your needs.
Areas of Potential Exposure
- Most-favored customer/nation status – Are you receiving the pricing/terms you negotiated?
- Client restrictions – Is your agency dealing with your competitors?
- Competitive bids – Is the agency obtaining bids when required and does it maintain evidence thereof?
- Markups – Does your contract permit the agency to markup third party costs? If not, are they?
- Timely reporting and reconciliation – Are you receiving reconciliations on time, or in some cases at all?
What is your agency obligated to do under the contract?
- Do they perform in accordance with contractual requirements?
- Are your expectations consistent with contractual terms?
Does your contract contain audit rights? If so,
- What does the contract permit you to review?
- How many years are open to be reviewed?
- How long do you have to exercise your rights before they expire?
Potential Areas of Assistance
Contract review – Are the terms of your agreement relevant, measureable and actionable? Whether you are entering into a new relationship or are in the process of renegotiating and existing one, our years of experience and the hundreds of contracts we have reviewed may be invaluable to you before you finalize the terms of your agreement.
Contract compliance audits – With your input, we will design, implement and execute a process that considers your rights as well as your risks, based upon the contractual terms.
Forensic, investigative and dispute services – In the unfortunate event your relationship becomes less than mutually beneficial, our experience team of forensic accountants and litigation support professionals can assist in virtually any stage of investigation or dispute.
Benefits of Contract Compliance Services
- Identification of erroneous reporting.
- Enhance leverage in renegotiating or clarify potentially ambiguous, contract language.
- Improved relationships, communication and transparency.
- Build a reputation with service providers for exercising “audit” rights.
- Mitigate the risk of fraud or unintentional contractual noncompliance.
Benefits of Grant Thornton LLP
- Global presence and coordination – Over 42,000 people across 130 countries using the same proven methodologies and innovative technologies, and sharing the same common commitment to providing personalized client service.
- Contractual complexity – Our professionals have seen hundreds of agency contracts and are intimately familiar with the practical pitfalls of well-intentioned provisions. We’ll help you work through potential ambiguities in the planning phase of the engagement with the agency before they become a source of contention.