- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Public Sector
Scott W. Ruggiero
Scott Ruggiero is an Audit Services partner and a member of Grant Thornton’s National Professional Standards Group. He provides services to Grant Thornton professionals and audit clients on accounting and SEC financial reporting matters, including planning considerations for M&A transactions and initial public offerings. In addition, Ruggiero oversees the reviews of all Grant Thornton International Ltd member firm clients’ filings with the SEC.
A Virginia CPA, he began his career in the audit practice of another large accounting firm and then worked for the SEC as a staff accountant in the division of corporation finance. He has experience auditing clients varying in size from Fortune 500 to small startups, across a number of industries, including retail, manufacturing, energy, telecommunications, software and media.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Virginia, District of Columbia
- Center for Audit Quality, SEC Regulations Committee; International Practice Task Force
- BBA, Accounting, The College of William and Mary
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.