Charlotte, North Carolina
- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Strategic federal tax
- Tax reporting and advisory
- Private wealth services
Randolph Smith is a partner in Grant Thornton’s Tax Services practice and is the national leader of the Transportation practice. He has more than 29 years of experience in public accounting. He serves as the primary contact in coordinating the delivery of a broad range of tax services, including federal tax solutions and consulting; tax accounting method consulting and implementation; pass-through entity planning, structuring, restructuring and formations; reorganizations, acquisition and divestiture planning; federal tax compliance; executive and shareholder tax and financial planning; and the management of federal tax audits.
Smith has extensive experience serving clients in the transportation, real estate, manufacturing and distribution industries. He serves numerous trucking, real estate and other companies.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#29223), South Carolina (#3060)
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Arts and Sciences Council
- University of South Carolina Moore Business School, Board of Advisors
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Communities in Schools
- BS, Accounting, University of South Carolina
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.