Iselin, New Jersey
- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Operations and performance
- Audit & assurance
- Finance Transformation
- Accounting advisory
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Lease accounting
- Transaction advisory
Dennis Morrone is the National Managing Partner of Grant Thornton's Not-for-Profit & Higher Education Practices. In this capacity, Dennis has overall responsibility for the services performed by the Firm for clients in this sector nationwide, along with all related marketplace initiatives.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton LLP in May of 2002, Dennis was previously part of Arthur Andersen LLP's Metro New York Not-For-Profit Practice. Dennis recently completed a 3-year term on the Financial Accounting Standards Board's (FASB) Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee (NAC). He has developed and taught numerous courses on not-for-profit accounting and compliance topics, has been a prolific presenter in various industry forums and has written extensively for Grant Thornton's not-for-profit industry letters and many other industry publications.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — New Jersey, New York, & Washington, D.C.
- CGMA — AICPA
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair of the Center for Health Care Strategies, Inc. and 2021 Executive Committee Member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Event
Presentations and Publications
- Dennis has presented and written on topics relevant to not-for-profit executives and board members, including: Board Governance, including Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
- Enterprise Risk Management; Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting
- Regulatory Compliance
- Endowment Management
- Internal Controls and Strategy Development and Resource Alignment, amongst many other areas.
- BS, Accounting, Villanova University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.