Grant Thornton’s New Developments Summary explores the amendments in the FASB’s Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2019-04, Codification Improvements to Topic 326, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses, Topic 815, Derivatives and Hedging, and Topic 825, Financial Instruments, and in ASU 2019-11, Codification Improvements to Topic 326, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses.
ASU 2019-04 and ASU 2019-11 make several key changes to the credit losses guidance originally issued in ASU 2016-13, including
- Accounting for accrued interest
- Accounting for transfers between classifications or categories of loans or debt securities
- Recognizing expected recoveries in the allowance for credit losses
- Determining the discount rate when using a discounted cash flow method to estimate the allowance for credit losses
- Providing vintage disclosures
Reporting entities should adopt the amendments in ASUs 2019-04 and 2019-11 when they adopt the guidance in ASU 2016-13.
Our examination of ASU 2019-04 also includes numerous Grant Thornton insights to equip companies with a practical approach for assessing and implementing the new guidance.
Read our complete New Developments Summary here.
More new developments
No Results Found. Please search again using different keywords and/or filters.