- Real estate and construction
- Not-for-profit and higher education
William P. Olsen
Bill Olsen is a Principal and national practice leader for the Corporate Compliance practice of Grant Thornton LLP’s Forensic Advisory Services. Bill is a former member of the special prosecutions section of the New Jersey attorney general’s office and was the global security manager for a Fortune 500 company. He was with a Big 5 Accounting firm prior to joining Grant Thornton. Bill authored The Anti-Corruption Handbook and is a frequent speaker on global corruption matters. He was named one of the Top 25 Consultants of 2012 by Consulting magazine and also the National Law Journals top 50 Trailblazers and Pioneers of 2014.
Bill has consulted numerous organizations to assure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act. He also participated on an advisory committee that developed the World Bank Institute Collective Action Against Corruption Guide. Many of Bill’s engagements have included matters involving violations the False Claims Act, RICO and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. He has performed numerous investigations involving bribery, money laundering and corruption. These investigations often involve the preparation of complex financial information and forensic analysis for legal counsel. Bill has performed asset searches and net worth analysis for clients seeking to recover losses, and due diligence investigations for M&A.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners — Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists — Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Gaming and Money Laundering Committee
- American Bar Association, White Collar Crime Committee
- BA, Sociology, Villanova University
- BS, Accounting, Regis University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.