Mike J. Ryan
Regional Audit Leader-SE, Audit
Mike Ryan is Grant Thornton’s Mid-South market territory Audit Services practice leader. He previously managed Grant Thornton’s Transaction Advisory Services in the Southeast region.
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Mergers and acquisitions
Mike Ryan is Grant Thornton’s Mid-South market territory Audit Services practice leader. He previously managed Grant Thornton’s Transaction Advisory Services in the Southeast region. He has participated in numerous transactions for financial and strategic buyers in a number of industries. Ryan’s participation in these transactions includes leading financial due diligence investigations, providing accounting and structuring consultation with respect to recapitalizations, purchase accounting and Rule 144A offerings, and analyzing and supporting purchase price adjustments.
Ryan specializes in serving public and private companies in many industries, including manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, services and technology. Additionally, he has experience with SEC securities offerings and private placements, including IPOs.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#26081), Georgia, Tennessee, Wisconsin
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Dance and Theatre, Finance Committee Chair
- Charlotte Catholic Services, Finance Committee Chair
Presentations and publications
- Featured in “40 under 40,” Charlotte Business Journal, 2005
- BS, Accounting, Marquette University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.