Charlotte, North Carolina
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- Corporate tax
Timothy P. Gallagher
Tim is a partner in the Tax Reporting and Advisory practice in Grant Thornton's Charlotte office. He started his career in 2003 in Grant Thornton's Columbia office. He has deep experience in corporate tax matters including the accounting for income taxes under ASC 740, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, and consolidated corporate income tax compliance for both multinational public and privately held companies. Tim serves clients in the transportation, manufacturing, distribution, technology, and professional services industries.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Tim is a licensed CPA in North Carolina and South Carolina. He is a member of the AICPA and the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants.
- Tim served on the Friends of Accounting at the University of South Carolina advisory board. Over the course of his tenure, he served as Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- He is actively involved in his church having served as a deacon, treasurer, and finance committee member. In addition, Tim and his wife have participated in medical mission teams to Argentina, Peru, Ukraine, and Togo.
- Tim graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Master of Accountancy degree, and he graduated from Bob Jones University with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.