Craig Kappel is a managing director in Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Advisory practice. He is responsible for overall growth in health care, including service offerings, quality of delivery, development of training, client satisfaction, and employee hiring and retention. His focus is on performance improvement for patient access, patient experience, medical documentation and revenue cycle.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Craig was a health care performance improvement partner with three international firms.
Craig has helped large health care organizations improve bottom-line effectiveness and productivity, with a particular focus on finance transformation, process standardization, strategy, systems implementation, change management and revenue cycle performance improvement.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Board of Directors, HopeHealth
Presentations and publications
- Craig has written several articles and served as a guest speaker on the revenue cycle and ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision).
- CPA — Illinois, Massachusetts
- Valparaiso University, BS in Accounting, 1976
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.