- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Strategic federal tax
- International tax
Kumiko Watanabe is the national leader of the Japan Business Group, through which she provides audit, tax and advisory services to Japanese inbound companies. She is also an International Tax partner in Grant Thornton’s International Services group. Kumiko has extensive experience assisting clients in the establishment of businesses in the U.S.; business advisory, restructuring, and merger and acquisition services; and federal, state and foreign jurisdiction tax planning. She also has significant experience in income tax provision, transfer pricing, R&D studies and IRS audit support. She provides services for clients in industries such as auto parts manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, research, IT consulting and distributing.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Illinois
- Illinois CPA Society
- Japan America Society of Chicago, Board member
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Chicago – Executive vice president
- Project 120 Chicago - Treasurer
- MS, Taxation, DePaul University
- BS, Accountancy, Northern Illinois University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.