Mick serves as an Audit Partner (Consumer Industrial Products, Distribution, Services, and Retail) in Grant Thornton's Chicago office. He has more than 20 years of experience providing a wide range of accounting and auditing services to both publicly-traded and privately held companies including those with extensive international operations.
He is experienced in assisting publicly held companies with fulfilling their requirements for the Securities and Exchange Commission, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Mick has provided services to clients in a wide range of industries in the United States, Europe and Asia. He specializes in providing audit services to clients in the manufacturing, distribution, services, and retail industries.
Mick's clients are multi-national and have operations requiring coordination of services in countries such as Germany, Czech Republic, Brazil, France, Portugal, India, Mexico, Romania, UK, Sweden, and China. Prior to joining the firm, Mick worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers where he started his work for multi-national clients. He joined Grant Thorntonâ€™s Southfield (Detroit), Michigan office in 2004, then transitioned to the Chicago office a few years after.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA - Illinois and Michigan
- Member of the Illinois Association of Certified Public Accountants, former member of audit and assurance services committee
- Member of the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants, former Chairman of its international task force
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Global Manufacturing Accounting Conference Committee Member
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce former Chairman of the Global Connections Forum
- Member of the American Heart Association, event advisory member.
- BS, Economics, Management, Albion College