- Real estate and construction
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Private equity
Bob is an audit partner in Grant Thornton’s Chicago office, specializing in the financial services industry group.
Bob is dedicated to working with public and private investment funds, private equity firms, registered investment advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, real-estate entities and specialty finance companies. In addition, he serves as a technical consultant to several not-for-profit organizations and other clients that have large or complex investment portfolios.
He has significant experience performing seed audits for newly formed mutual funds, completing surprise securities examinations for registered investment advisors, dealing with valuation related issues for private equity firms, and verifying performance results in accordance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®). Bob also leads technical accounting and process improvement projects for clients within the asset management and securities brokerage industries.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA (Illinois)
- Previously the SIFMA Financial Management Society Committee for the Regional Conference on the Securities Industry
- Member of the leadership board for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Served on the Committee of Hope for Hedge Funds Care
Presentations and publications
- “SEC seeks to modernize investment reporting and disclosures”
- “Lessons for mutual fund boards: How the Morgan Keegan case changed the landscape.”
- Bachelor of Arts in Accountancy from Illinois Wesleyan University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.