San Jose, California
- Tax reporting and advisory
John J. (JJ) Schneider III
JJ has more than 17 years of experience in corporate tax service with Grant Thornton. His main area of focus is in ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes, supporting his clients in process development, controls documentation and financial statement disclosures.
JJ has significant experience in federal and state income tax compliance and consulting services, as well as experience in consulting related to Private Equity outbound investing, foreign information reporting forms and U.S. foreign income tax withholding. His clients are publicly traded, and private equity backed multi-nationals, early stage and venture backed start-ups, and closely held private business, ranging from pre-revenue to multi billion in revenue.
JJ works with clients across a variety of industries including life sciences, consumer products, e-commerce, semiconductor, software, software as a service, and digital media space.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- JJ is an active volunteer instructor for Able Works, a Bay Area non-profit dedicated to equipping individuals with financial education, life skills, and assets to enable them to live free from oppression and poverty.
- Ohio State University, BS in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.