Oscar Osorio is the firm’s National Tax Innovation & Strategy Leader. In this role, he is charged with the firm’s internal and client strategy as it relates to tax innovation and other business issues. In addition, as part of the firm’s tax executive leadership team, he is involved in directing the overall strategy of the firm’s tax practice.
In his role, his vision of the future of tax industry is valued by other business executives.
A proven leader in driving change, Osorio has over 30 years of experience leading to achieve greater results. Osorio has successfully transformed businesses within the firm and has provided value added services to global companies that have significantly impacted economic and cultural organizational performance.
In his role as a trusted advisor, he has successfully handled complicated tax structuring and consulting issues, including “hands on” international expansion and planning, domestic tax consulting and compliance, income tax effective rate planning. He has handled complicated tax issues while traveling overseas and working with multinational teams. He has been the lead tax services partner to companies such as:
- An international software company where he assisted extensively in its international structuring, structure maintenance and repatriation;
- An international consumer products company ranked 544th on the Fortune 1000 list;
- An international bath and plumbing company with operations in Europe including the United Kingdom;
- America’s largest automotive retailer with $19 billion in revenue;
- A $9.5 billion provider of railroad services;
- A $16 billion provider of energy products and services; and
- A $12 billion distributor of automobiles ranked in the top 25 on Forbes’ list of largest privately-held companies.
He is experienced in advising Audit Committees and senior management of the financial statement risks of tax planning and tax process. He has a strong emphasis in tax accounting having provided guidance on tax accounting matters and helped direct our firm’s approach to service delivery with regards to tax accounting.
Prior roles have included:
- Tax Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Mid-Atlantic Area;
- East Region Leader of the Tax Advisory and Risk Services group.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Oscar was a tax partner with a “big 4” accounting firm. Oscar held several leadership roles including a leadership role in the firm’s Tax Advisory and Risk Services group.
- Technology and telecommunication
- Transportation, logistics, wholesale, and distribution
- International tax
- Tax reporting & advisory
Professional qualifications and memberships
CPA — Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia
MBA, University of Notre Dame
BA, Accounting, University of Notre Dame