Jared Novotny is a Partner in the tax department of Grant Thornton’s Minneapolis office.
Jared has worked in Grant Thornton’s Minneapolis office for over 14 years. He has experience serving public, closely held and private equity-owned companies. Jared has served a wide range of industries including: manufacturing, construction, private equity, distribution and technology. Jared works closely with and has strong technical knowledge of C-Corporations, S-Corporations and Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC740). Jared’s experience has helped him understand his client’s needs and offer tailored solutions for tax planning and risk reduction.
- Private equity
- Real estate and construction
- Technology, media, entertainment, and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, wholesale, and distribution
- Tax reporting & advisory
Professional qualifications and memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Presentations and publications
Jared has presented tax technical updates at the Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA) Annual Conference (MN chapter) and has spoken at the University of Minnesota, Masters of Business Tax alumni events. Jared has also presented tax updates for National CFMA webcasts.
Jared has had articles published in the Construction Accounting & Taxation Journal, Minnesota Society of CPA’s “Footnote” publication and twice in the CFMA’s Building Profits magazine.
Board of Trustees Member (former) for non-profit, Merrick Inc., an organization that helps provide employment opportunities for developmentally disabled adults.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting, University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
- Masters of Business Taxation, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Business
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Search for people at Grant Thornton by selecting one or more criteria. Select new criteria
to conduct a new search.