Ron is a Managing Director in the Grant Thornton Finance Transformation Practice leading the U.S. Finance Transformation Capability and the Central Region Finance Transformation Practice.
He has more than 20 years of domestic and international experience leading Finance Transformations of all sizes across multiple industries.
Ron was on secondment to Israel for three years to establish the Israel consulting practice for a major Consulting, Accounting, and Tax firm.
Ron’s projects have resulted in: greater business insight, faster information, increased revenue, right sized functions, lower operating costs, and regulatory compliance.
Ron has experience in Portfolio Management, Program and Project Management, Process Reengineering, Finance Operations Integration, Change Management, Benchmarking, Data Governance, Testing, Software Selection and Organizational Design.
Ron has led a variety of Finance Transformation projects including:
- For a major commercial brokerage, led the integration of the finance function of a Cyber Security acquisition.
- Led the improvement of the Management Information function for a major Commercial Insurance Broker.
- Reducing the Finance function of a large bank by 30% by benchmarking against peer companies and developing a 3 year roadmap including organization, process, and technology changes required to enable the reduction in staffing.
- Leading the process redesign and software selection for a Procure to Pay function for a major retailer.
- Reducing the close time for a major operator of data centers from 15 to 5 days
- Leading the Program Management Office for the deployment of a Global Financial Reporting Repository at the largest capitalized US Bank.
- Leading a $125MM investment to revise all finance and accounting operations, process, and systems of the U.S. Subsidiary of a foreign bank.
- Merged the financial reporting of function of 5 distinct entities in a bank holding company including creation of a Shared Services function to service the merged function.