Achieving long-term success, adding value to our stakeholders, and making a positive impact on our communities and planet are core elements of our business at Grant Thornton LLP. We believe in and model our core values of: Collaboration; Leadership; Excellence; Agility; Respect and Responsibility; and we also strive for positive social impact and sustainability through our sourcing and procurement program.
As such, we are committed to:
- Upholding the laws and regulations of the respective jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Supporting the highest standards of social, ethical and environmental practices and continuous improvement, including related to data protection and information security.
- Preferring suppliers who follow sustainable and ethical practices within their organization and who drive such practices within their own supply chain.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with our procurement process.
We expect our suppliers to strive for these same high standards and embody our values by:
- Adhering to the Grant Thornton Supplier Code of Conduct and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including those related to labor, human rights, data protection, and the environment.
- Acting ethically and with integrity in all aspects of their business.
- Respecting labor and human rights by ensuring that child labor, forced labor, slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any of their supply chains and in any part of their business.
- Adhering to applicable privacy laws and principles and honoring the privacy rights and reasonable expectations of individuals whose data they possess.
- Maintaining a comprehensive information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards appropriate to the complexity, nature, and scope of their activities, and the sensitivity of their information assets.
- Reducing their environmental impacts through:
- Responsible use and conservation of natural resources and materials.
- Reducing emissions and wastes.
- Advancing social and community benefits through:
- Providing a respectful, safe and inclusive work environment that promotes equality.
- Actions or engagement to improve the educational, economic, and/or social well-being of communities where they operate.
We recognize and understand that initiatives to deliver a more sustainable procurement and supply chain process requires continuous attention and evolution. We at Grant Thornton are committed to this effort. We will communicate these efforts to our stakeholders, engage with suppliers who are equally committed, and evaluate supplier adherence and progress.