Columbia, South Carolina
- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Private client services
Barbara Koosa Webb
Barbara is the Office Managing Partner of the Columbia practice. She is also a tax partner in the Privately Held Business (PHB) TBL and is the Carolinas Tax Practice Leader. Barbara was with Arthur Andersen LLP prior to joining Grant Thornton LLP in 2002.
Barbara has worked primarily with privately held companies in the transportation, real estate, manufacturing, distribution and professional services industries. She assists clients with their compliance and consulting needs including providing tax savings ideas. Barbara helps clients by identifying, evaluating and implementing federal tax planning strategies that result in significant tax and cash flow savings.
She works with other members of our team to creatively address tax issues and implement innovative solutions. Barbara has experience in revenue deferral, capitalization planning, inventory planning, credit identification and deduction acceleration.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Barbara is a certified public accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants.
- Barbara is involved in various civic activities including: current board chair of the Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital Foundation, past board chair of the Riverbanks Zoo Society, the South Carolina Women’s Golf Association and the United Way of the Midlands.
- Barbara holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from Furman University and a Masters in Accountancy from the University of South Carolina.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.