New York, New York
- Asset management
- Private equity
- Audit and assurance
Michael has been with Grant Thornton for over 14 years. He has been an audit partner for 9 years, and has served as the National Asset Management sector leader for approximately 4 years.
Michael has over 19 years of experience in public accounting, and extensive expertise working with private and public companies. He oversees asset management industry strategy and business development in the firm’s primary US markets, including New York, Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Florida, Dallas, and Philadelphia.
Michael is a critical resource for the firm, and is recognized as an industry expert for accounting, auditing, financial reporting, internal control, risk management, regulatory, and operational issues impacting alternative investments. His former and current clients include hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, clearing and introducing brokers, mutual funds, exchanged-trade funds (ETFs), unit investment trusts (UITs), public global diversified holding companies, registered investment advisors and other alternative investment vehicles.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA Investment Management Committee, Board Member
- NYSSCPA Private Equity and Venture Capital Fund Committee, Founding Chair
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Financial Management Division (FMD)
- Robin Hood Foundation
- Lustgarten foundation
- Hedge Fund Cares
- BS, Accounting, Saint Joseph’s College
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.