Joe is a Principal with Grant Thornton's Advisory Services practice. In this capacity, Joe partners with leaders, including boards, committees, and management that aspire to enhance the attainment of organizational, mission and financial objectives.
Iselin, New Jersey
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Growth and transformation
- Operational and organizational transformation
- Financial transformation
- Technology transformation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring and turnaround
Joe is a Principal with Grant Thornton's Advisory Services practice. In this capacity, Joe partners with leaders, including boards, committees, and management that aspire to enhance the attainment of organizational, mission and financial objectives. He has deep experience in the areas of strategy formulation and execution, business planning, financial modeling, performance improvement, organizational redesign, operational transformation, reserves planning, and change management.
Joe employs an extremely collaborative approach in helping leaders and their teams evaluate options and thoughtfully address their most pressing challenges. He has worked with a variety of clients over the years, including not-for-profit organizations, higher education institutions, hospitality brands, health care and social services systems, private equity firms, and services organizations, among others.
- Joe is a Board and Executive Committee Member of the First Tee Raritan Valley, a nonprofit organization that leverages the game of golf to teach core values and foster youth development.
- He is also actively involved with CancerCare, a leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer.
Presentations and Publications
- Joe has presented to national audiences on a variety of topics including strategy formulation, business and financial planning, reserves planning, and data analytics. He has authored dozens of Grant Thornton whitepapers, articles, and presentations, including: 'COVID's impact on higher education strategy', 'Driving value creation for nonprofit stakeholders', 'Prepare for disruption', 'Creating new revenue streams to secure a financially viable future', 'When 1 plus 1 is greater than 2', 'Transforming business models in response to market shifts', 'Driving value as a nonprofit/higher education board member', 'Enhancing the strategic value of the finance function', 'Reserves planning: A step-by-step approach for nonprofit organizations', and 'Enhancing stakeholder communications, transparency'.
- Joe earned a Bachelor of Science in Management cum laude from Clemson University and a Master of Business Administration with distinction, specializing in the fields of strategy, finance, and leadership and change management from the Stern School of Business at New York University.