- Audit & assurance
- Employee benefit plan audits
Jason S. Eddy
As the Practice Leader for Grant Thornton’s National Employee Benefit Plan Practice, Jason is responsible for providing services to some of Grant Thornton’s most complex employee benefit plan engagements across the U.S.
Jason has extensive experience in dealing with reporting and disclosure issues related to benefit plans. Jason serves as a technical resource for his firm on employee benefit plan auditing, accounting and reporting issues.
Jason is also responsible for delivering training to audit team members to support the overall National Employee Benefit Plan Practice. Jason is actively involved with the ongoing process of updating Grant Thornton’s employee benefit plan audit methodology, innovation tools and practice aids, and serves as a program leader and developer for the firm’s nationally developed employee benefit plan training programs. Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2019, Jason was a Director within a Big Four accounting firm’s National Employee Benefit Plan and Asset and Wealth Management Practices.
Jason has over 20 years of experience leading large employee benefit plan engagement teams. He also has experience performing both peer reviews and internal inspections for other employee benefit plan engagements.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Massachusetts
- Chair, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Employee Benefit Plan Expert Panel
- Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Jason received a Bachelor of Science Degree with a concentration in Accounting from Bryant University and leads Grant Thornton’s recruiting initiative at Bryant University.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.