- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Audit & assurance
Marla V. Hummel
Marla is the Southern California Not-for-Profit Practice Leader and a member of the National Not-for-Profit Leadership team.
Marla has more than 25 years of experience in the supervision and management of financial audits, compliance audits, internal control consulting and systems improvement. She has been responsible for client service relationships with organizations of various sizes in many industries, specializing in not-for profit organizations, foundations, higher education, and governmental entities.
In connection with these organizations, Marla has extensive experience with financial reporting requirements and has aided entities with the adoption of complex accounting guidance. Marla also has extensive experience working with entities subject to Single Audit compliance and reporting requirements.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA – Connecticut, New York, Arizona and Nevada, with a California license in process
- Connecticut and New York Societies of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association member, Chair of the NYSSCPA State and Local Government Accounting and Auditing Committee, and serves on the GFOA Certificate of Achievement Program’s Special Review Committee
Presentations and Publications
- Marla has been a speaker at AICPA and other industry conferences, both nationally and locally, as well as courses offered by Grant Thornton for our internal staff and our clients.
- Marla received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, with an Accounting Emphasis, from California State University at Hayward.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.