San Francisco, California
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- Audit and assurance
As the Office Managing Partner of the San Francisco office, Rimma is responsible for driving Grant Thornton’s commitment to its people and culture while also driving the delivery of high-quality services to clients. Rimma has more than 20 years of experience providing audit and advisory services to listed multi-national corporations as well as dynamic privately-owned firms.
Rimma is also the International Business Center Director for Grant Thornton US focused on the Asia Pacific Region and serves as a single point of contact for cross border opportunities. She has led many quality practice reviews of other offices and Grant Thornton International member firms and has established a strong international network. Rimma has also developed and led several SEC and PCAOB training sessions for the international member firms and spoken at various international business events.
Prior to these roles, Rimma was the U.S. Resident Partner for Grant Thornton China. While in China, she oversaw the execution of audits of U.S. listed companies located in China as well as U.S. companies with significant operations in China and other countries in Asia Pacific. She also supervised cross-border transactions including initial public offerings of foreign filers.
She has led initial and secondary public offerings (including SPAC IPO’s), performed due diligence in acquisitions, supervised US GAAP to IFRS conversions, and advised European, American and Asian companies on cross-border and capital raising transactions. Rimma’s areas of expertise include business combinations, consolidations, public offerings, and inventory accounting.
Rimma is on the Audit Committee of Asian Art Museum. While in China, Rimma was the vice-chair of the Women Executive Network committee of the American Chamber of Commerce Shanghai and a board member of ACG China.
Rimma is fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Russian. She is currently learning Mandarin.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — California
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Rimma is on the Audit Committee of Asian Art Museum. While in China, Rimma was the vice-chair of the Women Executive Network committee of the American Chamber of Commerce Shanghai and a board member of ACG China
- Rimma received her a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with High Honours from the Haas School of Business at University of California Berkeley. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and CalCPA. Before Grant Thornton, Rimma was with Arthur Andersen.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.