Tax Services Practice Leader
Dan has more than 37 years of public accounting experience, and has provided accounting, tax and advisory services to a variety of businesses. He has served numerous large and mid-sized companies with both domestic and foreign operations.
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Strategic federal tax
- Corporate tax
- International tax
- State and local tax
- Private wealth services
Dan has more than 37 years of public accounting experience, and has provided accounting, tax and advisory services to a variety of businesses. He has served numerous large and mid-sized companies with both domestic and foreign operations. He is currently the Office Managing Partner for our Pacific Northwest (Bellevue and Portland) offices.
From 2018 through early 2021, Dan was also the Global Head of Tax for Grant Thornton International, LTD where he led our worldwide strategy, delivery, public policy, tax capabilities/quality, and growth activities as a network. He has extensive experience in consolidated return issues, flow-through return issues, accounting for income tax issues, net operating loss utilization, state and local tax planning, issues surrounding mergers and acquisitions, and individual tax and family wealth planning matters. He also lived and worked for two years in Bangalore, India helping to set up the Grant Thornton Shared Services Center.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Board Member – Boys and Girls Club of South Central Kansas
- Board Member – Wichita Children’s Home
- Board Member – Greater Wichita Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Wichita Partnership – Leadership Circle
- KSPCA - KS Steering Committee
- Wichita State University – Accounting Advisory Board
Presentations and publications
- Dan has developed and presented seminars for clients, the Tax Executives Institute, universities and other professional associations as well as numerous continuing professional education courses. He is often sought out for matters impacting global tax policy and has been interviewed by various media sources including Reuters and the BBC. Dan continues to author or coauthor articles and thought leadership pieces on leadership and global tax matters.
- MA, Accounting, University of Florida
- BS, Accounting, University of Florida
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.