- Technology and telecommunications
Sanjay Thirumalai is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton’s Advisory practice, and is responsible for developing a global delivery strategy and driving its adoption for the Advisory business. He is also a member of the firm's Innovation Leadership Team, and responsible for setting up a CoE for Intelligent Automation to deliver digital transformation for the firm and our clients.
Sanjay joined Grant Thornton 6 years back to set up and run the firm’s Shared Services Center in India, overseeing over 700 professionals providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services.
He has over 20 years of experience in consulting, global delivery and general management; and has worked with KPMG, Hewlett-Packard, and Johnson & Johnson.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Sanjay is a member of the Young Presidents' Organization (YPO), a global network of leaders.
- Sanjay is associated with Social Venture Partners, a global network of engaged philanthropists; and served on the board of the Bangalore Food Bank, a non-profit that aims to tackle hunger.
Presentations and publications
- Sanjay researches, writes and speaks on topics such as technology-led disruption; leadership & culture; compassionate capitalism; and happiness.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) and Master of Science (Physics) from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India, 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.