Richard P. LaFleur
Rich LaFleur is Audit Partner of Industries and Markets and former managing partner for the Mid-Atlantic region. He also provides client service to publicly held and private companies in the region.
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Hospitality and restaurants
Rich LaFleur is partner-in-charge of Industries and Markets and former managing partner for the Mid-Atlantic region. He also provides client service to publicly held and private companies in the region. LaFleur joined Grant Thornton in 1983. He was named partner in 1994, rose to Audit Services practice leader in 1996. He was named office managing partner in 1998 and served in the role until 2014 when Rich returned to a full time role serving complex and dynamic clients while continuing to play an active role in the Metro DC marketplace. He also served on the firm’s Partnership Board in 1999–2000 and again from 2006 until 2012.
His wealth of industry experience includes government contractors, real estate, not-for-profits and technology, and he will be integral in developing and executing the Atlantic Coast market territory's industry plans while continuing to serve high-profile clients in the market. As a client service partner, LaFleur provides a variety of assurance and business advisory services to management and boards of directors of companies ranging in size from entrepreneurial organizations to multinational companies with several billion dollars in revenue. His experience includes assisting many of his clients with capital markets activity, including initial and secondary public offerings and M&As.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman
- Greater Washington Board of Trade, Board Member
- Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards, Co-Chair
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Gala Fundraising Committee
- George Mason University School of Management, Advisory Board
- Fairfax County Public Schools Foundation, Trustee
- Junior Achievement of the National Capital Area, Board Member
- BS, Miami University – Ohio