Rob Buhrman is a principal in Grant Thornton’s Public Sector Practice in Alexandria, VA. He leads the Commerce Account under the Civilian Strategic Business Unit and is a leader in the Technology Strategy and Management Service Line.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Public sector
Rob Buhrman is a principal with Grant Thornton’s Enterprise Technology Strategy & Innovation business line. He leads the IT Service Management service line. He also leads Grant Thornton’s public sector Commerce Account and is a client advisor and practitioner of Grant Thornton’s Digital Services solution offering.
Rob’s experience has primarily focused on the agile transformation of Federal products and services; including business and IT strategy, experience design and prototyping, agile coaching, service management, and program management office (PMO) standup and operation. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Rob was a Senior Manager at Accenture leading ERP and business intelligence implementations.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Rob was a Senior Manager at Accenture leading financial management and business intelligence implementations.
Rob’s experience spans across Federal civilian agencies, higher education, and the private sector.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scaled Agile Framework Professional Consultant (SPC)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundation Certification
- Certified Bill Inmon Government Information Factory (GIF) Architect
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Member, Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA)
- Member, IT Service Management Forum (ITSMF)
Presentations and publications
- 2018 Partnership for Public Service, CX for the Public Sector - Point of View
- 2018 Federal Reserve Banking System – “Product versus Project Management – Creating Products that Delight the Customer”
- 2016 University of Maryland University College (UMUC) – “Advanced Project Management”
- 2014 Grant Thornton SAFe Agilist Trainer
- University of Virginia, Master of Engineering, 1996;
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Science, 1995.