- Private equity
- Commercial and growth
- Restructuring and turnaround
Ann Huynh is a Managing Director in our Restructuring group where she focuses on growth and distressed corporate advisory. She has more than 15 years of experience in corporate restructuring and bankruptcy advisory, energy investment banking, energy/infrastructure finance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance/treasury, and financial planning & analysis. Ann has worked across multiple industry verticals including manufacturing, power, oil & gas, health care, and retail services combining her strategic and financial expertise to assist clients in complex matters.
Ann works closely with trial attorneys, in-house counsel, court-appointed trustees, management teams, and private equity firms to assist with growth and distress corporate advisory, complex debtors (in-court/out of court) restructuring, and creditors assignments. Ann provides CFO/CRO services and led key operational finance deliverables including liquidity/13-week cash flow forecasting, consolidated corporate/business plan developments, contract/capital risk assessments, capital raise and financing options, treasury/cash management, debt monitoring, and reporting, operational metrics/KPIs/Dashboards, DIP financings and debt renegotiations. She also assisted with the strategic review and right size of operations, renegotiation of key customer and vendor contracts, and supports the execution of M&A transactions.
Prior to Grant Thornton, Ann worked in corporate restructuring advisory, energy investment banking and “in-house” leading corporate strategy and financial planning for a large publicly traded retail services company.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Executive Member – Women’s Energy Network Houston (WEN)
- M.B.A., Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
- B.S. in Economics/Finance from The Wharton School, and B.A. in International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Member – Turnaround Management Association (2022 – 2025)
- Board Member – Women’s Energy Network Houston (2019 – 2021)
- Advisory Board Member – Under Our Wings (Children’s literacy)
- First Tee of Greater Houston, Charity Auction Co-Chair (2021) - First Tee provides children educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
- Finance and Audit Committee, Mandarin Immersion Magnate School, Houston, TX (2018 to 2020)
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.