Kevin Herzberg is a leader in the Grant Thornton Florida market territory's Tax Services and SALT practices. He has more than 25 years of broad-based state tax experience, including tax planning, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 review, ASC 740 and 450 tax accounting, M&As, ruling requests, tax controversy, and tax compliance.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
Kevin is Grant Thornton National Indirect Tax Practice Leader and iNDIRECT.360 Solution Leader. He has over 30 years of broad-based state tax experience including abandoned and unclaimed property and multi-state tax planning, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 review, ASC 740/450 tax accounting, mergers and acquisitions, ruling requests, tax controversy and tax compliance. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Kevin's experience at large international accounting firms has included serving as the tax practice leader, managing director and Florida state tax practice leader, serving as a resource for any technical Florida-based issue. Kevin also previously served as the statewide sales tax and property tax leader. Kevin has deep technical nationwide sales and use tax and Florida property tax experience.
While at Grant Thornton, Kevin previously served as the Central Region SALT Practice Leader, Partner in Charge of the Tampa office, was the Central Florida Tax Practice Leader and a Federal Tax Partner.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA - Texas
- Florida Member of the Texas Society of CPAs
- Member of the Florida Institute of CPAs - Previously held positions within FICPA: State Tax Conference, Chairman
- Sate Tax Section, Chairman
- Florida Bar - National Multistate Tax Symposium
- Advisory Board Member CGMA
- Previously served with the Junior Achievement of Hillsborough County
- Board Member United Way Tampa Bay
- Board Member and President of ACG Tampa Bay
- MBA, University of South Florida
- BS, Accounting, Northern Illinois University