John Swanick serves as Grant Thornton’s National Insurance practice leader. He works in the Philadelphia office and manages large client relationships.
- Asset management
John Swanick serves as Grant Thornton’s National Insurance practice leader. He works in the Philadelphia office and manages large client relationships. Swanick brings more than 30 years of public accounting experience to the role; as a result, he excels at business strategy, sales and marketing, team building, and revenue growth.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Swanick was the founder and partner-in-charge of LECG/SMART's assurance and advisory business services — a business he grew into an international advisory and consulting firm with over $100M in annual revenue. At SMART, Swanick developed an elite team of specialists with a unique combination of knowledge and experience to serve the needs of insurance regulators, rehabilitators, liquidators, insurance companies, reinsurance companies, law firms and brokers. Prior to that, Swanick spent 12 years with the Philadelphia office of Deloitte and Touche, where he was a practice leader in both the insurance and health care audit and consulting practices.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI)
- Saint Joseph’s University Accounting Alumni Board
- Saint Joseph’s University Board of Trustees, Executive Committee Member and Chair of the Audit Committee
- Saint Joseph’s University Board of Governors, Academy of Risk Management and Insurance
- Overbrook Golf Club
- The Union League of Philadelphia
- The Union League of Philadelphia, Risk Management and Insurance Committee
- Eagles Fly for Leukemia
- MBA, Finance, Saint Joseph’s University
- BS, Accounting, Saint Joseph’s University