- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
John Stine is a senior Tax Services partner and assistant managing partner of the Philadelphia office. Stine has more than 35 years of experience in varied industries, including technology, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, service companies, and real estate. His client base is focused on privately held enterprises, including family businesses, private equity, venture capital funds and portfolio companies, and ultra-high net worth individuals and family business owners. He is a specialist in flow-through taxation, estate, succession and transactions planning, and has been involved in numerous business transactions, ranging in size from $5 million to $2.9 billion.
Stine has also authored numerous articles on a variety of tax subjects and given speeches, seminars and media appearances on tax planning.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- World Affairs Council, Board Member
- CEO Alliance, Board Member
- Philadelphia Tax Conference, Former Chair
- Philadelphia Schools Partnership, Board Member
- Children’s Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia, Board Member
- International House, Former Board Member
- Germantown Friends School, Former Board Member
- Philadelphia Cricket Club, Former Board Member
- MS, Accounting, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School
- BS, Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.