Michael P. Rose
Michael Rose is a partner and leads Grant Thornton’s Business Advisory Services group in the Metro New York/New England market territory. Rose is the co-leader of our national Governance, Risk and Compliance practice.
- Real estate and construction
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
Michael Rose is a partner and leads Grant Thornton’s Business Advisory Services group in the Metro New York/New England market territory. Rose is the co-leader of our national Governance, Risk and Compliance practice. He also is a national leader for our enterprise risk management services. He has more than 29 years of experience providing business process, strategy and IT consulting; internal audit; IT security; and monitoring controls.
He has concentrated his work at the strategic and operations levels, advising clients on linking strategy with operational execution. Rose has been responsible for the implementation of enterprise risk management processes, rationalization of controls in business units worldwide, design of testing programs and testing of controls, and management of global SOX processes. He has assisted companies in linking these areas for operational excellence. Rose was on the oversight task force of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission for guidance on the monitoring of internal controls.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA, Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Master of Taxation, Widener University
- MBA, Finance, Philadelphia University
- BS, Business Administration, Accounting, Philadelphia University