Jerry Glynn is a State and Local Tax practice managing director. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Glynn was a director of LECG/SMART’s tax practice with more than 24 years of state and local income, franchise and sales/use tax experience.
- Technology and telecommunications
- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
Jerry Glynn is a State and Local Tax practice managing director with 30-plus years of diversified SALT experience primarily focused in sales/use and income/franchise taxes. Jerry’s client service experience includes multi-state transactional advisory services, audit defense and appeals, tax overpayment reviews, sales and use tax compliance services, sales and use tax technology implementations, and diagnostic compliance review and remediation services. Jerry has served clients in various industry sectors including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, healthcare, energy, retailing and developing technologies. Jerry is also recognized as a firm subject matter expert on “Cloud” sales and use tax issues, having assisted various technology clients with categorizing their products, sourcing of sales and administration of applicable state and local taxes. Outside of his many years in public accounting, Jerry spent five years in the oil and gas industry at Sunoco’s tax department, primarily responsible for state and local income/franchise tax planning, controversy and compliance matters.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (PA)
- Active member of the AICPA and the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Certified Public Accountants
- PICPA Sales & Use Tax Thought Leadership Committee member
- Masters of Taxation, Philadelphia University
- BS, Saint Joseph’s University