- Strategic federal tax
Ryan is a Philadelphia, PA based Managing Director with Grant Thornton’s Strategic Federal Tax Services Group. He joined Grant Thornton after working for Deloitte Tax LLP for 10 years. In his 17 years of professional tax experience, Ryan has focused on federal taxation for companies of all sizes claiming US Federal Tax Credits and Incentives, with an additional focus on IRS examination defense of the credits and incentives claimed.
Ryan is an accountant and attorney, licensed to practice law by both the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Ryan’s professional affiliations include serving as a member of the Board of Trustees for the Anderson House, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing quality rehabilitative treatment to women, for three years until its acquisition by Turning Point, as well as memberships in the American Bar Association – Tax Committee, the Philadelphia Bar Association – Tax Committee, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”). Ryan has authored several articles published in the AICPA’s Tax Adviser regarding both federal and state tax credits and incentives over the last several years.
Ryan earned his Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Master of Business Administration, and Juris Doctor in Law from Widener University’s School of Business and School of Law respectively. Ryan most recently earned a Master of Laws (“LL.M.”) in Taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Accountant — Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Licensed attorney — Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Anderson House — Member, Board of Trustees
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants— Member
- American Bar Association, Tax Committee — Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Tax Committee — Member
- Widener University’s School of Business — BS in Accounting, MBA
- Widener University’s School of Business and School of Law — Juris Doctor in Law
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.