- Lease accounting
John Meinders has more than 34 years of experience providing audit and related services to companies involved in all segments of the energy industry. He serves companies involved with exploration and production, marketing and trading, drilling and field services, transportation, and gathering and processing.
Meinders was previously the U. S. controller for Vintage Petroleum Inc., a public company with exploration and production operations in the United States, South America and the Middle East, and midstream and gas marketing operations in the United States. In addition to directing the accounting for Vintage's U. S. operations, he had oversight of the company's worldwide financial reporting and had principal responsibilities for derivatives accounting and all SEC filings.
Meinders also served for two years as vice president and controller for Lariat Petroleum, a private exploration and production company. In 1992, John served on a World Bank team of petroleum industry specialists in Romania that developed an upstream petroleum sector restructuring strategy for the Romanian Government.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Petroleum Accountants Society of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State University School of Accounting, Advisory Board
- Tulsa Area United Way (past Board Vice Chairman)
- Kiwanis Club of Tulsa (Vice President, Treasurer)
- Leadership Tulsa Class XXIII, Tulsa Habitat for Humanity (past Board Member)
- BS, Accounting, Computing, Information Sciences, Oklahoma State University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.