Denise J. Olexa
Denise is the Employee Benefit Plan Center for Excellence leader for the Southeast Region Audit Practice and has 26 years of experience in public accounting.
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Employee benefit plan audits
Denise is the Employee Benefit Plan Center for Excellence leader for the Southeast Region Audit Practice and has 26 years of experience in public accounting. She is one of Grant Thornton LLP’s most knowledgeable specialists in employee benefit plans, and she is actively involved with national office initiatives in the area of employee benefit plans, including development and teaching of in-house training programs and innovations in audit data analytics and testing.
In addition to her audit responsibilities, Denise also provides consulting services to governmental entity pension administration departments, including providing process and controls related recommendations. Denise is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA). She currently serves on the AICPA Enforcement Subcommittee of the Professional Ethics Committee.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#19423)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Theatre Charlotte Board Member and Treasurer
Presentations and Publications
- Denise is a frequent speaker on employee benefit plan audit topics.
- BS, Business Administration, West Virginia University
- Charlotte Chamber Leadership School, Graduate