Charlotte, North Carolina
- Transaction advisory
Mark Edwards is a partner in Grant Thornton’s Valuation Services practice and serves as the practice leader for the Mid-South market territory. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Edwards served more than 13 years with Arthur Andersen and other national valuation firms.
Edwards has extensive experience in the valuation profession, and has worked for more than 20 years with numerous public and private clients on financial reporting, litigation, transaction advisory and strategic planning. In addition to managing the Valuation Services practice, Edwards has served as an expert witness in litigation and provided testimony in disputed valuation cases.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — North Carolina (#17905)
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- CFA Institute
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Business Valuation Committee, 2011–2013
- Appraisal Issues Task Force
- Wake Forest University, Adjunct Faculty; Accounting Advisory Council Member
- Vanderbilt University, Master of Accounting Advisory Committee
- Charlotte Wine and Food Weekend, Board Member
- Susan G. Komen Foundation, Volunteer
Presentations and publications
- AICPA Goodwill Impairment Task Force
- AICPA Business Combinations Task Force
- MBA, Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University
- MS, Accounting, Tax, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BA, Accounting, North Carolina State University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.