Charlotte, North Carolina
- Retail and consumer products
Don leads our financial services FinTech and Innovation Center, Grant Thornton’s team of partners and professionals who support clients with creative, proven solutions to some of the most intractable technology challenges and most significant opportunities for sustainable competitive advantage.
Don also serves as a key relationship partner dedicated to two of the world’s largest global financial services organizations. He is responsible for hands-on execution and relationship building, thought leadership, and choreographing of Grant Thornton’s services lines and global resources to meet clients’ needs.
A consulting and banking veteran with more than 25 years of experience, ranging from governance risk control, compliance, to operational improvement and efficiency engagements. Don's experience also includes the evaluation, design, development, implementation, and on-going operations within several business units including AML/KYC, CCAR/Stress Testing, Mortgage, and QA/QC.
Prior to joining the firm, he served in the consulting practice of a Big Five international accounting firm. His experience includes various industry positions at large global banks.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Advanced Technology Committee (Former Member)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Advisory Board Appalachian State’s Center for Applied Research in Emerging Technologies (CARET), Founding Member
- Board Chair of Computer Information System (CIS) Advisory Board at Appalachian State University.
- Board member, Appalachian State University Walker College of Business
- Vice Chair, Board member of the Stratford Richardson YMCA.
- Served on the Advisory Board for the Masters of Science in Accounting Program/Department of Accountancy at the University of North Carolina - Wilmington.
- A founding member of Appalachian State’s Center for Applied Research in Emerging Technologies (CARET).
- MS, Accounting, University of North Carolina – Wilmington
- BSBA, Management Information Systems, Appalachian State University- Boone, NC.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.