Partner, National Tax Sector Leader for Asset Management and Banking & Capital Markets
Steve Winter is a partner in the Tax Services practice. Based in our Manhattan office, he has more than fourteen years of public accounting experience, the majority of which has been devoted to serving the financial services industry.
New York, New York
- Asset management
- Private equity
Steve has more than fourteen years of public accounting experience, the majority of which has been devoted to serving the financial services industry.
Steve has both private and public company experience specializing in providing professional tax services to banks, asset managers, broker-dealers, hedge funds, private equity funds, and investment partnerships. He has directed and managed tax compliance work, research projects, and tax strategy consulting. Steve has extensive ASC 740 experience for private and public companies.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — New York, New Jersey
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Wall Street Tax Association
- Managed Funds Association
- Steve holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude) and Master of Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude) from New York City’s Pace University, Lubin School of Business.
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.