- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
Kim Cooney has more than 26 years of public accounting experience and specializes in serving high wealth families with estate and succession planning and trusts. Cooney’s experience in public accounting includes the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns for compliance with tax laws, preparation and review of research memorandum, and representations before federal and state tax authorities. Cooney works with all types of organizations — including corporations, partnerships, individuals, and estates and trusts where she complies with tax laws while minimizing taxes — and has assisted clients in a variety of industries, including construction, retail, distribution and manufacturing.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Nevada
- Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council
- Community Foundation, Audit Committee
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada
- Nevada Museum of Art, Planned Giving Committee
- Renown Health South Meadows, Board Member
- MS, Taxation, Golden Gate University
- BS, Business Administration, Southern Oregon State University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.