Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
- Real estate and construction
- Transportation, logistics, warehousing and distribution
- Retail and consumer products
- State and local tax
P.J. Olzen is a principal in Grant Thornton’s State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the Schaumburg, Ill., office. He specializes in analyzing assessments and tax liabilities of industrial facilities, office buildings, apartments and retail facilities. Olzen has been actively engaged in the property tax field since 1976 and has used his expertise to successfully represent leasing, industrial, commercial and multi-family clients. Olzen has delivered testimony before various appeal boards in numerous states and has made presentations on various topics at the Tax Compliance Inc. user conference.
Olzen joined Grant Thornton upon the firm’s acquisition of a portion of LECG’s SALT practice in 2011. Prior to that, he was a partner with Strategis, until it merged with LECG. He previously held a managerial position in the corporate property tax department of Jewel Companies, and was the deputy tax assessor for Will County in Illinois.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Illinois
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Certified Member of the Institute
- Illinois Property Assessment Institute, Certified Illinois Assessing Officer
- International Association of Assessing Officers
- Licensed senior property tax consultant, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Property Tax Committee of the Chicago Tax Club, Former Member
- BS, Accounting, DePaul University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.