- Real estate and construction
- Accounting advisory
- Private company audit
- Public company audit
Mike Mleko is a partner responsible for the Real Estate practice in the Central region and Midwest market territory. He also has significant experience working with our Financial Services and other Services industries. Based in Chicago, Mike works with investment companies, private equity firms, real estate companies and partnerships, Real Estate Investment Trusts and various service organizations.
He specializes in regulations and compliance issues affecting public companies, specialty finance companies, REITs, investment partnerships, real estate operations, as well as IPOs and secondary public offerings. His significant experience includes providing audit and other assurance services, assisting clients with due diligence work, and performing strategic planning and process improvement projects. Mleko also has experience with a range of international clients, specifically offshore funds.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Illinois
- Illinois CPA Society
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Innovating Commerce Serving Communities (aka International Council of Shopping Centers)
- Urban Land institute; Real Estate Investors Association
- Board Member All Stars Project
- Former Board Member Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras
- BS, Economics and Accounting, Claremont McKenna College
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.