- Asset management
Johan leads Grant Thornton's Asset Management advisory practice and is a senior advisor to the U.S. financial services industry focusing on the investment, wealth and retirement management, insurance (life and annuities) sub-verticals. He has consulted on a variety of issues spanning go-to market strategy, organic/inorganic growth, and operating improvements. His primary focus area is on "operationalizing" strategy that have included executing on many transformation programs.
Johan has more than 30 years of U.S. financial services experience – investment and wealth management, banking, and insurance. He has held senior industry positions with Aviva Investors North America (Head of Strategy and M&A), UBS Warburg, Principal Global Investors and Nuveen Investments. He has also worked at other large management consulting firms, including A.T. Kearney, Accenture, and PwC.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Associate Mortgage Program (AMP)
- Board Member, Cents Ability, Not-Profit Organization - educating and empowering Chicago high school students and communities through Financial Literacy
- Faculty Advisory Board, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Program, McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
- MBA, Strategy and Finance, University of Chicago
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS, Electrical Engineering and Economics, Northwestern University
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.